This six-week Level 1 class is a perfect INTRO for those looking for fun and practical guidance around "How to" launch their own home CHANT practice!
Within a safe space, Mike Cohen and Dawnia Dresser offer a fun program that guides and supports beginning Kirtan Leaders to launch a home chant practice and prepare to share Kirtan with others.
Weekly classes (90 minutes long) create a perfect structure for beginning chant leaders looking to deeper their harmonium skills and ability to play/sing with strong musicians while leading others in a potent chant experience. You will learn to sing and play (on the harmonium) six chants from your favorite Kirtan artists, connect with amazing community, have big fun and step into this exquisite heart-opening practice in a new and deeper way!
You will learn to:
* Play basic harmonium chords while chanting and singing simple invocations
* Build a repertoire of six or more beautiful chants from your favorite Kirtan artists to practice at home and perhaps even share with others
* Develop a basic conceputal understanding around music and Kirtan
* Hold the 3 key conversations for sharing Kirtan publicly
* Cultivate an energetic understanding of mantras and deities
* Have lots of fun stepping into an amazing spiritual practice!
Leading Kirtan is an act of service that can be quite complex, or as simple as leading a group in a Om a cappella, or with harmonium.
You will emerge with the confidence and skill to step into your own home practice and perhaps even gift your community with the blessing of sacred chant.
Tuesday's from 6-7:30pm
* January 29
* February 5
* February 12
* February 19
* February 26
* March 5
$199 through January 22. $229 starting January 23. Online registration here.
Or, mail a check to Mike Cohen - 3551 Nyland Way Lafayette, CO 80026.